As Iowa’s premiere association of professional translators and interpreters, IITA serves our state’s linguistically diverse community through education, training, and promotion of our profession.
· to promote the recognition of the translation and interpretation
professions in Iowa
· to promote the communication and dissemination of knowledge for
the benefit of Iowa's translators and interpreters;
· to formulate and maintain standards of professional ethics, practices,
· to stimulate and support the training of Iowa's translators and
· to actively represent the professional interests of Iowa's translators
and interpreters before actual and potential users of translation and
· to promote professional and social relations among its members
IITA is affiliated with the American Translators Association (ATA) and is an organizational member of the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT) and the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID).
Current Officers/Board Members: